Sunday 7 April 2013

YouTube


The question for this thing is how could you/do you use YouTube in your work, as a library assistant there has not been any need for me to use YouTube.  I looked at a few clips and at our website and the advantages are obvious especially to people like me who prefer to watch demonstrational videos about how to use tools. A good example of this is the extranormal clip for leap into learning for ACU.

I chose the video below because it is a bit different and not your traditional form of information delivery for a library.

 The video below is by   Athenasbanquet (2011)

Students and faculty from the University of Washington's Information School get their groove on.
Directed, edited, and produced by Sarah Wachter.
 
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a_uzUh1VT98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 

Even thought I had heard of ted I don’t think I looked at it yet but I found a couple of interesting talks.  TED could be a good research tool, I have an interest in science and I looked at a couple of the new releases.  One of the ones I watched was  Skylar Tibbits talk on 4D printing.  During the talk he mentioned Cadnano which is a tool for designing three-dimensional DNA origami nanostructures.  He also mentioned Project Cyborg and although these are not library related I think it is a good example of the potential to discover and learn about new technologies.

1 comment:

  1. I love that clip- it's great!! Haven't seen it for a while and still love it! You should be able to put the link in via Blogger so that you get the tv screen showing for this clip? If you go to a new post, and select the icon with the little film clapperboard- click on that, and add the URL, then it will search for the clip, you select it, and voila!!!!! Or get soemone in the library to help you???
    I find TED overwhelming, but there are some amazing talks there...and yes- pick an itnerest and take it from there.....

    ReplyDelete