Thursday 18 April 2013

Mobile, QR, AR


You don’t make this easy on me because I spend very little time on mobile devises, I barely ever use my Ipad. Having said that I do find Flipboard to be a good site, I like the way you move around.

QR codes are a very useful basic tool for providing information, there are a number of the dotted around the library and we used them on the shuttle busses as well.

 Augmented reality I do find interesting, it has great potential as a learning tool especially taking into account advances in holographic technology.  I can imagine the two combining or blending together in some form in the future.  When I first heard about AR last year I did find an article on SixthSense. There are similarities with Google Glass and given that this article was written in 2009 I think it shows the speed at which some of these technologies are advancing.

I would also like to mention Leap Motion and ZeroN, they are both technologies that create real time interaction with hand gestures and computer generated images or in ZeroN’ s case direct human-computer interaction with physical objects.

 The potential is mind boggling

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for those links to Leap Motion and ZeroN.
    I think it's great that you find AR interesting- and I guess that's what 23Things is about- finding the stuff that you do find interesting....
    the potential is mind boggling- this sort of stuff is moving very quickly also!

    ReplyDelete