Monday 8 April 2013

Create content and content curation


For the first part of this thing I wanted to talk about Flipboard, although I have it on my Ipad I don’t look at it a lot but I do like it and the way that it is designed.  From a professional point of view it is not useful but like TED if you were involved in research or you are a librarian it could be a good tool for learning about new technologies.

For the second part I looked at Storybird and Extranormal, I looked at both because you could not explore Storybird to much without signing up but I do think that it is a great idea and would be a great tool for teachers.  As mention in my last post I have seen Extranormal before and even though there speech patterns are not perfect I found them good to watch and the technology behind it will get better over time.

1 comment:

  1. Great- and they are all free tools- amazing isn't it? Like collaboration tools *thing*, this *thing* aims to show you that there are just many tools and tech out there- often free.
    So pick and need and then hunt/search for a tool/tech.
    Storybird is lovely- I once saw a Storybird that was an introduction to Endnote- of all things- just a lovely, different way of getting information across!

    ReplyDelete