Monday 15 April 2013

Twitter


This week is about twitter, now I am unlikely to ever use twitter but I looked at our ACU library account and I clicked on the prayforBoston link in the Worldwide trends and I understand the purpose for hashtags.

For this thing we were asked to reflect on what you have read – has it changed your mind about the possible value of Twitter?.  I have never given Twitter a lot of thought because social media does not interest me, but as an information tool I can see its value.  There were quite a few useful things on the ACU site and the NLA site had a lot of interesting things on it to, I also had a look at the SLQ site and there is a striking resemblance to the ACU site, I wonder who followed who.

I also found the what are the risks section on the microblogging site was a good read especially the voicing personal opinions part.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent application of the hashtag. I think one of Twitter's strengths is the immediency, it has certainly been a strength in some of the overseas unrests- Iran, Libya, Egypt etc, and yesterday (unfortunately) Boston.. Of course- reporting/commenting still has to be accurate.
    I must check out the SLQ twitter account!! - as one of the people who srites the ACU tweets :)

    ReplyDelete