Sunday 17 March 2013

Facebook


Facebook, I have never signed up and I can’t imagine that I ever will but from a work point of view I can see the potential.  I looked at the ACU library page and the National Library page and I can its potential for the promotion of collections, I particularly liked the picture of the Queensland fire fighters from 1972 who saved their pub.
I think that it would be a great tool for special events and if your library had any special collections.  A nice example of this was the pictures on the State Library page from the John Oxley Library collection of the 120 anniversary of the destruction of the Victoria Bridge in the 1893 flood.  Overall I feel that Facebook is a tool worthwhile embracing for any library.

1 comment:

  1. And sharing, posting iamges through Facebook is very important- we get the most feedback and comments when it's an interesting image.
    I love how National Library and State Libraries are opening up their collections through digitization and sharing images through social medis such as FB.
    FB is just too huge to ignore, but completely understand you not signing up to it.

    ReplyDelete